Description[edit | edit source]
Is your dad a foodie? Recycle a cylindrical potato chip container into a modern art cookie tin for Dad! Paint it however you like and fill it will your dad's favorite homemade cookies.
Type of Craft[edit | edit source]
Difficulty Level[edit | edit source]
Supplies Needed[edit | edit source]
- Potato chip cylinder
- Gesso or white acrylic paint (recommended: Liquitex Basics Gesso)
- Acrylic paints in green, yellow and blue
- Acrylic sealer spray
- Homemade cookies
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Bake your dad's favorite cookie recipe and set aside to cool.
- Wash out the potato chip container carefully and let dry.
- Paint the container with a coat of gesso or white paint and let dry. (See photo.)
- Paint container with different colors in an abstract art fashion. (See photo.) We did fat brush strokes in random places using three different colors.
- While the paint is still drying, use a paintbrush to add the lightest color, filling in the gaps and overlapping the other colors. (See photo.)
- Have an adult spray with acrylic sealer spray and let dry.
- Wrap stacked cookies in tissue paper and fill container.
- Replace lid and add a bow to the top if you like.
Additional Photos[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.