Description[edit | edit source]
We, HP fans can't believe it's over! But although it feels like the end of an era, don't shed a tear for Harry Potter and his crew quite yet. There's still butterbeer to drink, books to re-read, and movies to watch over and over again! And, of course, crafts. We created this Harry Potter Silhouette Banner for those days when you need a little more HP in your life! You can also watch a video of us making this Harry Potter Banner here.
Type of Craft[edit | edit source]
Difficulty Level[edit | edit source]
Supplies Needed[edit | edit source]
- Black cardstock or construction paper
- Yarn or string
- Elmer's glue or glue pen
- Scrap paper for templates
Directions[edit | edit source]
1. Print or draw your favorite Harry Potter images onto the template paper. We found some online and drew a few of our own; we made house crests, Harry's lightning bolt scar, the Golden Snitch, Gryffindor scarves, owls, and more; use your imagination and feature whatever fun bits of the Hogwarts world you love best.
2. Cut out templates.
3. Trace templates onto the black paper and cut.
4. Adorn cut pieces with glitter or felt as desired. We added a thin layer of glue and gold glitter to sparkle up the Golden Snitch and cut up a few stripes of red and yellow felt to attach to Harry's scarf. You can also create detailed house crests with a combo of markers, glitter, and felt, but we kept it simple this time around. Let silhouettes dry.
5. Cut a piece of string or yarn to your desired banner length (ours was about 3 feet long) and add a piece of tape to the back of each silhouette, attaching it to the yarn.
6. You're done! Hang your new banner across a doorway, over your mantel, or anywhere that needs a little magic.